The Disgruntled Client

2006-10-20

The Real Deal

It's a free country. You can believe what you will but what this is really about isn't all personal. I'm guessing I'm not the first to feel this way about things that happen all the time. And I don't think I'm the only one who's had it.

Why am I doing this? I'm sick and tired of...

1. Agencies that take their sweet time getting back to you, on your dime.

2. Agencies that insist on higher profile, higher spending, splashier media campaigns. Why not guerrilla? Why not ambient?  Digital? Mobile?  

3. Agencies who can't see beyond pumped-up egos, who think that they're better than you, and never listen. 

4. Agencies who don't bother to understand my business and my brand.

5. Agencies who spend more time thinking about awards than selling my brand.

Maybe that's just me. What do you guys think?

4 Comments:

At 1:30 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm...I think you should fire whoever thought it would be a good idea to get this "authentic" viral video out there so the blogosphere could destroy it for all it's fakeness....and it IS terribly done. My suggestion is to destroy this entire blog and pretend it never happened.

 
At 12:37 am, Blogger Steve said...

I have no idea what or who's behind this but the story has two sides. How about clients who:

1. Water down, through committee review, creative ideas to the point of bland ineffectiveness.

2. Take their sweet time getting back to the agency thereby causing the production and media department to embark upon deadline extension/cancellation nightmares.

3. Change strategy mid-way through a project and insist the agency eat the cost because somehow it was their fault.

4. who pontificate endlessly about the worth of their commodity product insisting it is somehow better than their competitors but offer up no data to substantiate.

5. who spend more time thinking about how they are going to cover their ass internally thereby taking no risks, exploring no new avenues and having more concern for their appearances to their boss than doing anything that actually helped the company's marketing move forward.

 
At 8:21 am, Anonymous Spike said...

Rina,

You commented on one of my blog posts, and for that I thank you. But I'm going have to agree with the others that are doubting the realness of this blog. Especially with all that's going on with Edelman right now, I hope for your sake that it is real. But something REALLY smells funny. My guess is that this is an ad agency who is going to come out and say, "See? We aren't any of those same things that weasel agency is!" When in fact, by the very nature of this fake blog (flog), you are. It's not viral. It's not cool.

 
At 6:10 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

just let this flog die - you'll never be as 'cool' as agency.com

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home